Sunday, September 25, 2011

A new chapter...

I thought this day would never come.  Today was the day my baby boy left for boot camp.  Ugg!  Our day started out with family & friends gathering for a farewell breakfast for Austin.  It was so good to have everyone there.  Our time together was filled with great conversation and lots of laughter.  I couldn't have asked for a better way to start the day.  Our day was short as we had to say our good-byes about 1:45pm.  Do I need to mention that I was literally a blubbering idiot.  Everyone around me held it together but me.  Maybe that's just because I'm the moma!  None the less I am so very excited for the new chapter in life that my son is venturing into.  I am so very proud of the choice he has made.  Now, it will be more exciting to see the new young man that my son will be.   My hubby pointed out to me that we are officially empty nesters.  I don't like it already and it's only been a couple of hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A little something about us...

My photo
Kentwood, Michigan, United States
My husband and I have been together for twenty two years now and are still just as happy as we were in the beginning. We have similar interests and one in particular is that we love animals and taking care of them. Mike and I volunteer our time with our local Wildlife Rehab Center (WRC) rehabbing squirrels mostly. Baby squirrels are so adorable and a rare site to most. We have two wonderful children. Which most of the time they totally think their mom is a weirdo. LOL:)