Thursday, November 10, 2011

What I am thankful for....

For the past couple of days I have continued to set time aside for me to really remember what I am thankful for. Initially, my family.  I am truly blessed because of the love and commitment that my husband and my children share.  I have two very wonderful children who have grown up to be beautiful people in every sense.  I have a kind and caring husband who is without a doubt my soul mate.  So I am thankful for them!   I also have some amazing friends and family who I am proud to share my life with. 
I am also thankful that my baby girl Wilbur is doing much better.  Wilbur was sent for release and her very first day out she fell from a tree.  Thank goodness she has people that care about her as they brought her to me right a way.  She was found dragging her back legs.  We were worried that she might had broken her back.  She was taken to the vet and was prescribed steroid shots daily for five days.  My husband is the bomb because I am really a big chicken and just can't give the injections.  My husband gave the shots and continued to take care of Wilbur even after she bit him pretty good.  He is such a trooper, so brave.  Today the little missy is doing well.  She even stretched her legs yesterday and pushed up on them.  She has been down now almost 2 weeks and we have now given her a little more room to stretch out.  She is such a beautiful baby.  She won't be able to make it out the door for her freedom until spring because she is no where near able to even walk yet.  I am so thankful that she has so many that care for her.  She will be on the go again soon!

So, thank you Jeff, Dani and Lyndsey for having hearts as big as you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A little something about us...

My photo
Kentwood, Michigan, United States
My husband and I have been together for twenty two years now and are still just as happy as we were in the beginning. We have similar interests and one in particular is that we love animals and taking care of them. Mike and I volunteer our time with our local Wildlife Rehab Center (WRC) rehabbing squirrels mostly. Baby squirrels are so adorable and a rare site to most. We have two wonderful children. Which most of the time they totally think their mom is a weirdo. LOL:)