Sunday, February 13, 2011

Time for a drive...

It's been such a long winter it seems like already!  I know that it's almost March and all but I'm really needing a change of seasons here!  I mostly think that it seems really long because of so many below zero and single digit days and nights.  Mike told me today that it's only going to get colder because we are getting older!  Oh man he certainly hasn't lost his nerve!  I kinda felt like pushing him down so that he might skin his knees! 

It was obvious that we needed to just get out of the house and go see something new.  So...we headed off to Holland State Park to see the glaciers.  As long as I have lived here I never knew they existed.  It was cold and I was dressed like a dork with my winter gear on but I was warm.  That's one thing that I do like about getting older, you tend to go for warmth and comfort vs looking pretty and the coolness factor! 












Our day was cold but it was beautiful and even a warm 41 degrees.  I had a great day with my valentine today as we do share so many.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

A little something about us...

My photo
Kentwood, Michigan, United States
My husband and I have been together for twenty two years now and are still just as happy as we were in the beginning. We have similar interests and one in particular is that we love animals and taking care of them. Mike and I volunteer our time with our local Wildlife Rehab Center (WRC) rehabbing squirrels mostly. Baby squirrels are so adorable and a rare site to most. We have two wonderful children. Which most of the time they totally think their mom is a weirdo. LOL:)